Ernest L. Thomas
Actor / Director
Ernest Thomas is the President and CEO of Bravokid Entertainment, and has more than 30 years of achievement in theatre, television and film. Ernest is a graduate of the prestigious American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York City. The Academy boasts over 75 Academy Award nominees or winners. Ernest also has a Bachelor of Science Degree from Indiana State University in Sociology and Psychology.
Ernest’s other professional and business accomplishments include:
- Co-star in hit TV series “Everybody Hates Chris as “Mr. Omar” which is seen daily in the U.S and has an even larger following in Europe and Asia.
- Featured Actor in “Funny People” as the “Principal” with Adam Sandler and Jason Schwartzman.
- Starred in “Paroled" as Royce Hendersonwith Spider Loc, Candy Brown Houston and Master P.
- Best Actor Award for his starring role as “Raj” in the popular ABC television series “What’s Happening” from Beat TV in 1979.
- Nominated for a NAACP Image Award Best Actor in a Comedy Series for the role of “Raj” in the revised version of his hit television series “What’s Happening Now” in 1987.
- MPAC (Muslim Public Affairs Counsel) award for the role of “Sidney X” in Spike Lee’s critically acclaimed epic “Malcolm X” in 1992.
- Sidney Poitier chose him to star in the hit urban comedy “Piece of the Action” with Bill Cosby and James Earl Jones.
- A role was written especially for him for the award winning series “ROOTS”
- Muhammad Ali chose him as a featured speaker for the Muhammad Ali World Hunger Tour.